Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Matchy Matchy

I understand that is not always the current trend to match. I like matching so much that many people describe my style as "matchy matchy". I am perfectly fine with this. I am an 80's kid and overly matching just seems like second nature to me. If I don't have at least three different "touchpoints" as I call them in an outfit it feels incomplete. (That means either one color three times in the outfit or one piece that matches at least 3 other items.) It's not in the official dictionary yet but it's in mine.
Growing up I always wondered, "at what age do old ladies stop caring about trends and wear whatever the heck they want." Twenty eight, for me it was 28. One day I said to myself, "what am I going to do when super long shirts go out of style again." My answer stunned me but I knew there was no going back: "Just keep wearing them." This new found mindset applies to matching and swimdresses too.
New rule: I like it, it stays. Cue the music, "'Cause that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like."



No comments:

Post a Comment