Monday, March 28, 2011

Quote(s) of the Day: 3.28.11

Today has been one of those days where you look at circumstances in your life and say' "enough is ENOUGH!" For me, this feeling has been a long time coming. It "came to point" last night in my dreams. In the dream I was supervising children at my old high school. I told the children to go get on a large mat. One of the "tweenage" goth girls told me no. I was angry that she disobeyed but I thought, "well, she's not bothering anything so I decided to just leave her there and go help the other kids. As soon as I woke up I knew this dream had spiritual signifigance. Her black-lipped smirk was repulsive. I knew it was time to really press harder into God to remove some of the things that are blocking my destiny. It is time to really clean the sin out of my life even if it isn't seemingly hurting anything right now. It has to go so that the love of Christ can come and take it's place. Then a fight rose up inside of me to quit hoping and waiting that certain situations would line up with God's will for my life. I have decided that I am going to take back those parts of my life so that I can present them to God as gifts for Him to use as He needs. As I was formulating a plan to do this a song popped in my head: Don't Rain On My Parade from the Broadway musical Funny Girl. So, I decided I would share a few qoutes from the lyrics with you. I hope they lifts your spirits as much as they did mine.

"Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter. Life's candy and the Sun's of ball of butter. Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade!"

"Don't tell me not to fly-- I've simply got to. If someone takes a spill, it's me and not you. Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade?"

"Nobody, no, nobody is gonna rain on my parade!"

No comments:

Post a Comment