Friday, March 11, 2011

So You're Telling Me There's a Chance

I am a "hope-er". Cancel that, I am an "expect-er". I expect that if there is a job or opportunity can happen to only one person that it might as well be me. I know that this is a very unique way of looking at things. It doesn't make sense statistically but luckily I never did well in math anyways. Think about it. Moses was one guy. God didn't hold a "captives release-er try-out". There was no "Hebrew Idol" for him to showcase his water parting skills. Nope, just one guy, one Holy plan. Abraham, Mary, David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Hannah, Daniel, Isaiah... the list goes on and on: One person, one Holy plan. Just in case you aren't encouraged yet let's look at Saul/Paul. He was SUPER BAD when he was chosen by God. But God asked, he said yes and his life has been an example of God's EXTREME transforming power for generations.
It really doesn't matter what subject in my life is in question I figure that if God wants me to have something I'll get it. More importantly, if God wants me to do something He will supply me with the tools for us(me and Him) to complete it. There have been many times in my life in which my situations happened like that, "BOOM!" something just fell into my life. I didn't earn it or even deserve it but it just so happened that God knew I would do what He wanted done with it.
I am in a time of transformation in my life It all started with a desperate need for a Fresh Start. I wanted to clear the sin out of my life so that He could dwell with me again. Getting sin and it's "employees" out of my life has been a bit of a challenge but fortunately God can hear my desperate little voice even in the holes I have dug for myself. I am so thankful that He showed up even when the only words I could think to pray were, "GET IN HERE".
The main point here is, "God has a plan for EVERYONE. Even if the chances look slim. I expect to be used by God not because I am super awesome but because He is super awesome.


"What are my chances?"
"Not good."
"You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?"
"I'd say more like one out of a million."
"So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*"
-Dumb and Dumber

No comments:

Post a Comment